VACANCY NOTICE FOR EXTERNAL POSITION AVPE/CIAUD/001/01/2023/PLand
The International Committee for Relief and Development in acronym « CIAUD-CANADA », International Non-Governmental Organization under Canadian law, with its headquarters in Gatineau, QC J8V OG3 n ° 139 rue de Dunière. CIAUD Canada aims to provide humanitarian assistance in crisis situations including famine, disaster, natural disasters, armed conflicts, community development in developing countries in order to help people gain their own autonomy.
CIAUD CANADA’s interventions focus on emergency response, climate change, environmental protection and management, sustainable forest management, protection (including refugees, internally displaced persons, children, women and girls, people affected by disasters, those who have been returned, etc.), Education, Health – nutrition – food security, economic development, Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Consultancy – study and research, Rehabilitation of basic infrastructure.
As part of the project for protection and mixed migration in Puntland with funding from UNHCR , CIAUD CANADA is recruiting an Administrative and Financial Officer who will be based in the area below .
||Administrative and Financial Officer (NOA )
|Area / Number of post
||Five (5) months with possibility of extension
Under the supervision of the Puntland Director, the Administrative and Financial Officer (NOA) will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Budget and Finance
- Manages project operations across the full range of accounting, logistics, human resources departments.
- Application of collections, monthly closing of accounts, bank reconciliation, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and final financial reports, budget forecasts, closing of accounts at the end of the year; and ensures that proper accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Prepare and send the monthly report and closing of accounts, bank reconciliation to Headquarters within 15 days of the end of the month.
- Contributes to the development of financial controls and guarantor of the internal control system.
- Performs analysis of resource allocation between field offices, closely monitors budget/work program with funding towards donors on a regular basis, and relocates necessary resources.
- Forecast expenditures, maintain monthly account statements to allow country director and other project management staff the ability to easily monitor work in progress and availability of funds : Oversee reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reviews monthly journal entries and general ledger.
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with the terms and conditions of donor contracts, including those of United Nations agencies.
- Manage the cash position of bank accounts and Quick Books account, manages and oversees the distribution of petty cash.
- Liaise with donors, financial auditors, country project management, field staff, and vendors.
- Human resources management and logistics
- In close liaison with the regional administration of CIAUD -CANADA relief, undertakes actions related to the administration of human resources of the activities of the project: (i.e. contracts and placement of personnel, administration of vacation and leave , job classification notice, and whether required discipline and separation staff members).
- Ensures consistency in the application of UN procedures and labor law rules and regulations in the country.
- Provides information regarding conditions of employment, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and immunities to project personnel, and enforces rules and regulations.
- Make monthly salaries.
- In collaboration with the country director, assists in the organization of training courses and workshops related to staff development.
- Supervise and coordinate all logistics-related activities;
- Serve as a contact between CIAUD and partners on logistical issues;
- Participate in the process of acquiring goods and services;
- Evaluate, in collaboration with the logistics manager, the logistics needs and ensure the process of acquiring goods and services;
- Control and verify the works, deliveries and approve the conformity of the services with the needs and purchase orders;
- Supervise the security and cleaning system;
- Verify receipt of materials, supplies and equipment from donors and suppliers;
- Participate in all other tasks related to the project activities.
Qualifications and skills required.
- Degree in Business Administration (MBA), accounting or finance or equivalent, with 3 years of experience. An additional Diploma in the same field is an advantage.
- Experience in managing donor funds/budgets/reports (UNHCR experience is an advantage).
- Proficiency in computer skills, spreadsheets, accounting software (Quick Books, ACCPAC). Experience working with international development partners , international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) and donors. UNHCR experience is an asset.
- Must know English (written and spoken).
- Aim for excellence: Focus on achieving results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaboration: involving stakeholders and encouraging feedback.
- Take the lead: Own and take the initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicate : Listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrate Integrity: Maintain and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct with respect to the Values and Code of Conduct
Strengths and qualities
- Sense of dialogue and negotiation;
- Good stress management;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of CIAUD’s areas of intervention is an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Applications must be made through the platform or by clicking on the following link https://jobs.ciaud.ca/jobs/ by completing the form developed for this purpose or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you have a PDF version of your Curriculum vitae, cover letter but also copies of diplomas and certificates of services rendered in the same PDF.
Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
To apply, click on the ‘ Apply’ button next to the job title.
NB: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED by TELEPHONE or EMAIL.
CIAUD – CANADA OFFICES ARE “NON-SMOKING”