VACANCY NOTICE FOR EXTERNAL POSITION AVPE/CIAUD/002/01/2023/PLand
The International Committee for Relief and Development in acronym « CIAUD-CANADA », International Non-Governmental Organization under Canadian law, with its headquarters in Gatineau, QC J8V OG3 n ° 139 rue de Dunière , Canada aims to provide humanitarian assistance in crisis situations including famine, disaster, natural disasters, armed conflicts, community development in developing countries in order to help people gain their own autonomy.
CIAUD CANADA’s interventions focus on emergency response, climate change, environmental protection and management, sustainable forest management, protection (including refugees, internally displaced persons, children, women and girls, people affected by disasters, those who have been returned, etc.), Education, Health – nutrition – food security, economic development, Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, Consultancy – study and research, Rehabilitation of basic infrastructure.
As part of the project for protection and mixed migration in Puntland with funding from UNHCR , CIAUD CANADA is recruiting an Administrative and Financial Officer who will be based in the area below .
|Mixed Migration Monitor
|Area / Number of post
|Five (5) months with possibility of extension
Under the supervision of the project Manager, the Mixed Migration Monitor will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish contacts with in IDP, Refugees leaders, host community, service providers and other relevant institutions in designated areas;
- Regularly/on daily bases, collect data on protection incidents and mixed migration movements upload into online systems by using CIAUD-CANADA mobile application data base;
- Play the role of early warning for any border movement occurring in his/her area by immediately sending an alert to CIAUD;
- Conduct general and rapid assessments of the zones by filling out the standard protection cluster forms;
- To make the referral of persons in need of international protection in the flows to the specialized structures;
- Support protection gaps analyses in terms of protection needs and collect information about labor market opportunities
- To pass clear messages in the form of sensitization addressed to the target groups;
- Organize with volunteers and community leaders Community awareness campaigns on the risks of irregular movement,
- Organize face-to-face discussions and information sessions;
- Facilitate the dissemination of the information and communication on community sponsorship, humanitarian visas, family and Telling the Real Story (TRS)
- Facilitate the dissemination of the information and communication on study programs, including university scholarships, scholarships from private, community institutions, free online educational resources
- Conduct regular in-depth protection assessments along the borders,
- Contribute to the production of weekly reports;
- Assist the Project Manager in planning and conducting field visits
- Collect information requested on the rapid assessment and contextual analysis form
- Collect geographical information: GPS data, maps of the area and make them available to CIAUD;
- Represent CIAUD-CANADA in protection coordination meetings
- Preform any other duty assigned by your supervisor
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY:PROFILE:
- Have an intermediate or advanced degree in law and/or social sciences;
- Good knowledge of the project intervention area;
- Mastery of computer tools (Windows, MS Word, MS Excel);
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience in protection or migration issues;
- Have a very good knowledge of English, and local languages;
- Ability to mobilize communities and lead public debate on protection issues;
- Demonstrate good character and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including sensitivity
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data
- Respect for applicable rules and procedures
Applications must be made through the platform or by clicking on the following link https://jobs.ciaud.ca/jobs/ by completing the form developed for this purpose or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you have a PDF version of your Curriculum vitae, cover letter but also copies of diplomas and certificates of services rendered in the same PDF.
Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
To apply, click on the ‘ Apply’ button next to the job title.
NB: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED by TELEPHONE or EMAIL.
CIAUD – CANADA OFFICES ARE